Was Looking for NA1SS on Space Station Pass

 Yesterday there was a message on Amsat Bulletin Board mentioning that: 'Astronauts "off-duty" tomorrow ... MIGHT be some FM simplex communications happening!'. So I decided to listen keenly to a pass of Space Station just after 8 pm IST (UTC+5.30), hoping to hear NA1SS. Though I was not lucky enough to hear an astronaut, I was lucky to hear my friend Lucky, VU2LBW loud and clear. Gave a call and I was quite happy to hear his reply, a contact after a long time. VU2LBW is a veteran LEO satellite operator in this region, with an excellent setup for satellite communications and I always hear his signals from horizon to horizon, whenever he is on the satellite pass. Towards the end of the pass I could also hear VU3BGK, but as the satellite was quite far away, I could not reach him. Here is a short recording of the audio from IC 2730 radio during the ARISS pass today evening.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Six Button Wireless Mouse vs Three Button Mouse

Debut Ham Radio Technical Discussion Net on 7065 kHz, 1:45 am UTC (7.15 am IST)

Building a Tape Measure Yagi for LEO Satellite Operations