Happy to Work 9M2AIS on 20m SSB!

 Yesterday evening I heard 9M2AIS calling CQ DX on 20m. I was quite happy as he was coming here 5,9+10dB. Usually I am heard in that region if the received signal is good, indicating that the band is open between us, at a distance of nearly 3000 km. Gave a reply call and was heard in the first instance, though I had to repeat my callsign once again for him. He gave me a 5,7 report and signed off.


Here is a short video clip of his CQ call. Incidentally, it was only yesterday that I was told the meaning of a CQ call by a comment on my YouTube channel: "Seek you, I am seeking you, CQ". Looks a very nice explanation, which I had not heard in my four decades of amateur radio.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Six Button Wireless Mouse vs Three Button Mouse

Debut Ham Radio Technical Discussion Net on 7065 kHz, 1:45 am UTC (7.15 am IST)

Building a Tape Measure Yagi for LEO Satellite Operations