Capturing More of ARISS Pass with Manual Rotation of Mounted Antenna Four Times!

 I participated in the celebration of the maiden Indian National Space Day today morning by watching the official programme of Indian Space Research Organization on YouTube Live. There were a couple of video clips played during the programme on India's achievements in the space program and plans for the coming quarter century which would include India's own low Earth orbit space station and human moon landings. I thought of maximizing my LEO Satellite operations on this auspicious day. Instead of keeping my Moxon Yagi at fixed elevation and azimuth as usual, directed at the maximum elevation azimuth, I decided to rotate it manually in three or four steps to capture as much of the pass as possible. I was also simultaneously live streaming with VU3ZNG OpenWebRX. In spite of it being a mid day pass on a working day and an Eastern pass mostly blocked by my concrete water tank, I could get good results on a high elevation pass of International Space Station. I could hear VU2KOC, VU2NXG, VU2TEK and 4S7NDR for quite a long period. Most importantly, I heard VU2JEK loud and clear, a new station! A quick search on QRZ.COM told me that it was none other than our AMSAT-India Secretary, who had upgraded from VU3TYG to VU2JEK!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Six Button Wireless Mouse vs Three Button Mouse

Debut Ham Radio Technical Discussion Net on 7065 kHz, 1:45 am UTC (7.15 am IST)

Building a Tape Measure Yagi for LEO Satellite Operations