My First Two Way Contact With Amateur Radio Station in Sri Lanka Through International Space Station!

 Today I was very happy to establish my first two way contact with an amteur radio station in Sri Lanka through the FM Repeater on International Space Station. I was using a Moxon Yagi on my first floor terrace and beaming my signals on VHF to the International Space Station during its pass beyond Sri Lanka today morning. I heard 4S7NDR from Sri Lanka on the downlink frequency on UHF and called back. Soon I got a reply from him with a friendly greeting as well. Though Sri Lanka is not very far from here, there are very few Low Earth Orbit Satellite Amateur Radio operators there. In fact I have not heard anyone other than 4S7NDR from there over the past one year of my LEO satellite operations. We are on the look out for establishing contacts with amateur radio operators from other Island Nations of the Indian Ocean.

73 de Jon, VU2JO




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Six Button Wireless Mouse vs Three Button Mouse

Debut Ham Radio Technical Discussion Net on 7065 kHz, 1:45 am UTC (7.15 am IST)

Building a Tape Measure Yagi for LEO Satellite Operations